ITAG Skillnet is a network of over 50 companies involved in the IT sector in the Galway area. The companies range from micro start-ups to local multi-nationals with a strong IT emphasis. The training network evolved from the promoter organisation, the Information Technology Association Galway (ITAG).
ITAG Skillnet’s primary objective is to strengthen and develop the IT sector in Galway by improving competitiveness and reducing training costs, with investment in employees through tailored training and learning programmes. To date, ITAG Skillnet has trained over 2,000 employees from member companies.
ITAG Skillnet is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on some of our programmes. Click the link to see if you are eligible to attend Eligibility criteria
Skillnets Ltd was established in 1999 to support the development of workplace skills. The Training Networks Programme is a unique initiative and is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
Benefits to ITAG Skillnet Members
- More cost efficient as they have better buying power, as well as Skillnets funding.
- More relevant as the companies can tailor training to better suit member needs.
- More flexible as training is delivered at times that suit the company.
- More accessible as training is provided locally either near the company or at company sites.
- More informed as companies learn from and support one another in the process.
- Better facilitated as companies have full time management staff to organise Network training and other activities on their behalf.
- More useful to the companies as the training that is developed is directly aligned to the companies’ needs and strategies.
Visit the Events calendar for a list of all upcoming events or contact Dee Timoney at email@example.com for more information on the Network.
ITAG Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.