Digital Women’s Executive Leadership Program – Day 1
November 28 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm€1300
The Digital Women’s Leadership Program is a 6 day program held over 6 months. This program, is for high potential women in middle/senior management. The program is planned to encourage and increase women technologies and their visibility in the IT sector. The training modules are designed for Hi-Po women to ensure long term engagement and the development of increased leadership impact.
Module 1: Leadership & Management Skills 28th November 2018
Module 2: Communication Skills 24th January 2019
Module 3: Negotiating for Success 20th February 2019
Module 4: Engage your Audience 20th March 2019
Module 5: Brand you! 10th April 2019
Module 6: Mindfulness & Wellbeing 15th May 2019
Leadership & Management Day 1
The Leadership & Management role can can be demanding and new skills are needed to achieve objectives. Although these skills do not always come naturally they can be learned.
In addition it is now accepted that technical ability or professional knowledge alone is not enough to be a successful leader in today’s competitive business climate.
To be able to interact with others, make decisions, take optimal actions in solving problems, and cope with change or challenges demands something more. This something more is Emotional Intelligence.
This practical course addresses these demands. The course is designed to be as practical as possible. The format includes individual and group practice, role-play and input from the course leader.
Understanding Leadership & Management
- Introductions and course objectives
- The qualities of good Leaders / Managers
- The difference between Leadership, Management & Coaching
- Leadership Challenges
Leading & Motivating Your Team
- Communicating Team Goals
- Using Different Leadership Styles
- An understanding of ‘Motivation’
- The Psychological Contract
- Leading and Motivating through Change
Using Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- Recognising & Understanding Our Own & Others’ Emotions
- How Emotional Intelligence Supports the Leadership Role
Using EI for Achievement, Initiative & Transparency
- Self-Regard & Self-Actualisation
- Self Advocacy: Developing Assertiveness
- Using Networks: Building Interpersonal Working Relationships
- Building Trust in a Leadership Role
- Going Forward: Boyatzis’s Intentional Change Model
Post Course Emotional Intelligence Assessment (Optional)
As part of the programme participants can take an on-line EI Assessment and receive their individual and confidential EI Report. This is followed up by
a 1-2-1 feedback session from the course trainer (a fully qualified EI Assessor) on the outcomes of the report, its application to the individual’s current work and suggested strengths and development opportunities.
On Completion Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Understand the key elements of Leadership & Management
- Develop skills and techniques to manage, motivate and lead people
- Develop a culture of trust and collaboration in project teams
- Identify their Emotional Intelligence strengths and development needs applicable to the leadership role.
To Book your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org