- This event has passed.
Digital Women’s Executive Leadership Program – Day 3
February 20 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm€1300
The Digital Women’s Leadership Program is a 6 day program held over 6 months. This program, is for high potential women in middle/senior management. The program is planned to encourage and increase women technologies and their visibility in the IT sector. The training modules are designed for Hi-Po women to ensure long term engagement and the development of increased leadership impact.
Module 1: Leadership & Management Skills 28th November 2018
Module 2: Communication Skills 24th January 2019
Module 3: Negotiating for Success 20th February 2019
Module 4: Engage your Audience 20th March 2019
Module 5: Brand you! 10th April 2019
Module 6: Mindfulness & Wellbeing 15th May 2019
Negotiating for Success – Day 3 Overview
“Everything is negotiable”. This is a fundamental philosophy in business and today’s female leader needs to have the skills and understanding in this area to ensure a satisfactory outcome for everyone.
Negotiating skills and abilities are of primary importance for everyone whose role it is to interface and achieve outcomes through the actions of others. These skills are invoked daily by individuals at all levels in an organisation who are involved in both internal and external discussions.
From simple extensions of a project plan to company-level/International commercial agreements, negotiation is a major factor in bottom-line profitability.
Win/Win negotiating takes dominance out of the picture and substitutes skills that will allow outcomes that are acceptable to all concerned – and ensure there is a platform in the future for more positive and continuing relationships
- Be aware of the key stages in the negotiation process
- Understand the characteristics of successful negotiators
- Recognise the need for preparation before negotiation
- Be able to use, recognise and counter negotiation techniques and tactics
- Recognise the importance of questions, listening and summarising skills during an negotiation.
- Be better able to achieve a negotiated outcome that favours the individual, project or organisation.
Negotiating For Success – Day 3 Content
Win/Win Negotiating – For All Professionals
- The Process of Negotiation – What is it?
- A Five Stage Model
- The Difference between Selling and Negotiation
- Should You Use Power or Personality
- WIN/win or win/WIN – Why Use It?
- The Negotiating ‘Continuum’
- The TKI conflict mode self assessment
- The Role Of Negotiating different business contexts
The Components of Win/Win Negotiations
- The Qualities of Excellent Negotiators
- Why You Can Become Good At Negotiating
- When do you Start?
- Establishing your Position/Alternatives
- Analysing their Objectives/Situation
- Agreeing the Process
- Developing your Strategy
- The Benefits of Team Approach
- Setting Alternatives
- Making Proposals
- Bargaining and Conceding Successfully
- The Psychology of Bargaining
- The ‘If Then Rule’
- 10 Negotiating Tricks and Tactics – How to use and counter them
- Deadlocks – How to Break them
- Recognising an Agreement
- Timing Your Close
- Monitoring the Agreement
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org